Making The Most Of My Typing Speed

 At the moment, I can type about 90 words per minute and I think that's faster compared to those recommended for professionals to have. I'm proud of being able to type this fast but I know that there are so many out there that are way faster typers. Anyway, so I thought to myself, "What do I do with this speed and precision?" Immediately, I had the desire to profit off of it. So I did some research and found ways that I could use this skill for income. Here are some of the things that I discovered to be lucrative.


Transcription is one of the things that I could do to take advantage of my typing speed. I just found out that there are so many individuals worldwide who need to have their audio files converted into readable text. In truth, there are movie and medical transcriptionists. They are the ones who turn the sounds and conversations from the films into text for those who love to read or the deaf. Also, some of them transcribe prescriptions and doctors' orders into text so that it would be easy and fast for other medical professionals and even patients to understand. So I tried doing some transcription work and it did help me earn a bit of money for myself.


Writing articles as a professional writer has also helped me out. This one is way different, compared to transcribing and data entry. It's because in writing original articles, there has to be originality and creativeness. So, although my typing speed was useful, what helped me more is my creative side. Sometimes, when I'm typing, I stop for a while to think. So I end up not being able to type as fast as I want to because of the delay that I experience. But, yes, this did bring me more money than being a transcriptionist. After all, I was paid by different clients and often creative work does involve receiving large compensation. That is based on my experience as a writer.


As mentioned, data entry has also made me some cash. It's a no-brainer. Yet, because it's profitable, I don't look down on it. With it, I only had to type down specific things that I see or hear. So it doesn't involve a lot of thinking to do this job. Even though I consider it easy, I say that it's not effortless and without risks. After all, it involves the repetitive pressing of certain keys and also fast eye movements. Aside from that, it's the kind of work wherein you keep doing the same things for hours or even days. So it does have its fair share of challenges, to be honest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Underestimate Your Opponent

Essentials of Effective Task Management

Some Self Defense Thoughts this November 2020