Some Self Defense Thoughts this November 2020

 I've been reading a lot of martial arts lately and even started practicing arnis, escrima or kali again. Why? I can't shake off this feeling that something's about to happen. I'm someone who promotes optimism and positiveness but there are just some things that bring out the defensiveness in me. Because of the limited resources right now and the present condition of the economy, I'm just making myself ready for anything. You can't expect people to just sit and do nothing about their problems. Countries in need of resources and that have different political interests may have serious disagreements and such. It comes as no surprise why so many in the world right now are thinking that some nations are ready to overpower others. But this isn't to say that it's just to be paranoid nowadays. These are only practical ideas.

Because of the possibility that trouble may surface, I started working on my self-defense skills again. It's not even only because other countries may attack. Because of poverty and desperation, I wouldn't be surprised if a countryman would do some things he normally wouldn't do. Now, because of potential threats, I worked on improving my body, responses, and skills on handling life-threatening situations.

The reasons why I chose arnis over other types of martial arts is that I believe that it's best to have a weapon than bare fists alone. Even if I were an expert at kicking, I think that it would still be ideal to have something to use against an attacker. With some sticks, one could avoid exposing parts of his body to the harm of impact. Besides, escrima involves open hand techniques too. This means that, even without some batons or the likes, I'd still be able to defend myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Underestimate Your Opponent

Essentials of Effective Task Management