Me and My Arnis

            I've been practicing arnis since the beginning of the first quarantine period. And, so far, my skills improved a lot. So what do I do every day? I have this routine that I follow which helps me maintain my grip, forms, and strength.


            My gripping force improved because I swung the sticks many times using both hands. How many repetitions, you ask? I do 50 strikes to different parts of the body, per set, and do 10 sets each. That makes 500 times per hand. Of course, people mentioned to me that I went overboard but I doubt it. That's considering what other serious martial artists do to enhance their skills.


            I don't count how many hits my punching bag takes when I do impact striking. I only feel the force that I deliver and hold on to the sticks harder. I don't even mind the sounds that I make too. What's important is my determination to hit the points which are inside of my target.


            Do I rest? Yes, without question. But my daily routine doesn't fail. Every night, I make it a point to have adequate relaxation. Making myself rest well usually equates to better performance and endurance.


            The purpose why I do intense exercises is to work on my preparedness. Call me paranoid but it's better to have such a skillset rather than otherwise. It's my means for positive coping during these trying times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Underestimate Your Opponent

Essentials of Effective Task Management

Some Self Defense Thoughts this November 2020